1st Shift Shipping and Receiving Clerk – Metalor Technologies USA (Attleboro)
The primary objective of this role is to ship and receive materials as per regulatory and material control guidelines and in accordance with customer orders and requirements. This is accomplished by verifying that received materials are correct, properly identified and relate to an authorized open purchase order; Shipping material to customers packaging as required on customers’ order or internal requirements; and ensuring material is being shipped is properly packaged and identified and that documentation is correct (with weights being verified).
• High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience as required by the job.
• Strong math skills to convert weights and perform other calculations as required.
• Effective English communication skills including ability to read write and speak English.
• Legible handwriting with ability to complete assigned paperwork neatly and thoroughly
• Ability to use a calculator
Physical Capability: Must be able to lift between forty-five and 100 pounds. Must be able to function in an environment where exposure to undesirable elements such as noise or dirt (approximately 10% of the time).
• Prior experience shipping and receiving preferred but not required
• Ability to use material handling equipment such as pallet truck and forklift truck as required.
• Working proficiency level of Microsoft Office Suite or products, with an emphasis on use of Excel and Word
Duties Include But Are Not Limited To:
• Performing incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness and condition of shipments and receipts.
• Directing movement of shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage wand work areas.
• Comparing identifying information and counts, weighs or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders or other records.
• Affixing shipping labels on packed cartons
• Unpacking and examining incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
• Routing items to departments
• Examining outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications
• Maintaining inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
• Ensuring all documentation is properly completed and distributed in a timely manner.
• Performing other duties and assignments as required.
• Shipping And Receiving: 1 year (Required)
• High school or equivalent (Required)
Interested in applying? See full details and how to apply here.