Order Selector (Warehouse) – Guaranteed Fresh Produce Co. (Hyannis)
Responsible for filling customer orders and delivering them to the delivery platform in a manner that meets Company standards for safety, security, and productivity. Responsible for the completeness and correctness of all orders filled.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Receives verbal instructions from Team Lead of Distribution who reads order to ascertain order number, size, color, and quantity of produce.
• Obtains produce from bins or shelves.
• Picks customer orders for shipment, ensuring that the correct number and type of produce is loaded and shipped.
• Carries or transports orders to shipping locations or delivery platforms with materials handling equipment, ensuring orders are staged in order of delivery.
• Operates any materials handling equipment safely and efficiently as required.
• May organize items of pallet.
• Re-packs and weighs orders which require such handling.
• To ensure a safe and clean workplace in accordance with company policy and labor codes.
• To make sure that the loading area is left clean and tidy at the end of each shift.
• Assists in maintaining the sanitation, security and safety of the warehouse.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS:
May be exposed to dust, cold, heat, and humidity to the degree of being disagreeable.
To work some unusual hours and an ability to work under pressure and tight timelines.
• Sound warehouse background and understanding of the essential customer needs of quality, freshness and on time delivery.
• To demonstrate a willingness to keep learning and improving.
• High level of energy and drive to work with the warehouse employees.
• Excellent people and communication skills to be able to work with differing personalities.
• Report to the Team lead of Distribution.
• Generally adopt a “hands on” approach to delivering a high level of quality through the packing and shipping process, leading to improved Customer Service.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide. Read and write English.
• An understanding of the food service business in general and distribution in particular.
• Team player, willing to support and assist when and where needed, to achieve collective goals.
Interested in applying? See full details and how to apply here.