Music Teacher – Fall River Public Schools
– Appropriate Massachusetts Certification
– Bachelor’s Degree with major or minor in Music
REPORTS TO: Director of Fine Arts and Principals
To develop in each pupil an appreciation of the art of music as part of general culture: to teach techniques of vocal and instrumental music expression: to discover and develop talents of pupils in the field of music: to develop knowledge and skills in listening, reading and performing music.
– Prepares and implements standards based units of music instruction based on the Massachusetts Arts Curriculum Framework appropriate for the school level.
– Demonstrates knowledge of content area including general music class and choral rehearsal techniques.
– Utilizes repertoire of all types of music literature appropriate for grade and skill levels of pupils.
– Implements evaluation procedures using rubrics to assess student progress in all classroom settings, including English language learners and special education inclusion classrooms.
– Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a positive learning atmosphere in the classroom.
– Continuously evaluates and refines instructional strategies, including the effective use of technologies, to increase student learning.
– Cooperates with school administration in providing musical programs for
school productions, graduation ceremonies, and civic functions.
– Participates in curriculum and staff development programs.
– Performs all other responsibilities that are listed in the collective bargaining agreement between the Fall River Educators’ Association and the Fall River School Committee.
SALARY AND TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
In accordance with the Fall River Educators’ Association contract
Interested in applying? See full details and how to apply here.