Maintenance Mechanic – RectorSeal (Fall River)
RectorSeal is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic to support our growing team. The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for performing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance to equipment at our facility in Fall River, Ma which produces and distributes a variety of chemical and mechanical products for the HVAC, electrical, and plumbing industries. For over 80 years, RectorSeal has provided these products to our customers who depend on us to deliver high levels of quality in a timely manner. We are seeking an experienced maintenance mechanic to join our team and continue the long history of delivering customer satisfaction by maintaining our mechanical and electrical equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for assessing the safety requirements before starting any repair.
• Repairs, replacement, and installation for mechanical equipment, electrical equipment, as well as building mechanical repairs and maintenance.
• Responsible for completing service in a timely manner with high quality.
• Responsive to the needs of the customer, through coordination with the production supervisors to minimize disruption to the operation.
• Documentation of activities in the maintenance work order system and repair logs.
• Contribute ideas to improve safety, reliability, and productivity.
• Depending on shift schedule, a maintenance team member may be responsible for shutting down equipment and or securing parts of the facility for the night.
• Learn the operation of all equipment and how to service it safely and quickly.
• Daily use of forklift for transporting molds and equipment throughout facility.
• High School Diploma or General Education (GED)
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a maintenance or technician role in a manufacturing environment
• Proactive must be a self-starter
• Good attitude: ability to work alone or as part of a team
• Strong mechanical skills required
• Knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical, and motor controls,
• Basic math skills,
• Must be able to read and write (English) to carry out and/or deliver detailed instructions.
• Ability to work and communicate with other plant associates and shift supervisor.
• Must complete a forklift certification.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds
• Explore methods of possible improvement in safety, efficiency, and/or productivity
• Must be able to read Material Safety Data Sheets
• Required PPE: Steel-toe shoes, eye protection, other PPE as required by the nature of the equipment being serviced
• Maintenance: 3 years (Required)
• Maintenance mechanic: 1 year (Preferred)
Interested in applying? See full details and how to apply here.