Machinist – Sherle Wagner International (Fall River)
We are looking for a skilled Machinist to operate a variety of machines for example, ProtoTRAK DPM and Acu-Rite mills with 3-5 years experience. You will produce or repair precision parts using both manual and automated equipment and accurate measurements. A great machinist needs to possess manual dexterity and an eye for detail. They must have knowledge of mathematics and mechanics as well as respect for safety precautions. The goal is to ensure effective production operations and optimize procedures.
Daily tasks to include setting up programming and operating 2 or 3 axis Acu-Rite mills to produce precision components for the high end bath fixturing and door hardware industry.
We are looking for a manual Machinist with a solid machining foundation that can go print to part with little to no supervision. Pay commensurate with experience.
• Review samples, drawings or instructions to understand specifications of output
• Plan the sequence of necessary actions for the completion of a job
• Take measurements and mark material for cutting or shaping
• Select appropriate machines (e.g. lathes) and position or load material for a job
• Determine and program size of batches, speed of machine etc.
• Monitor machine while working to adjust the feed, maintain temperature and identify issues
• Check output to ensure consistency with specifications and discard defects
• Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
• Perform routine machine maintenance and repair minor damages
• Proven experience as machinist
• Experience in using and/or programming manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machines (lathes, grinders etc.)
• Ability to use precision tools (e.g. calipers) to take accurate measurements
• Knowledge of the properties of metal and other material
• Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
• Good at math with analytical abilities
• Physical stamina and strength to lift heavy items
• High school diploma or equivalent; completion of vocational training or an apprenticeship will be an asset
• Machinist: 3 years (Preferred)
• Health insurance
• Dental insurance
• Vision insurance
• Retirement plan
• Paid time off
Interested in applying? See full details and how to apply here.