Connect with us


Raynham man accused of violently beating his girlfriend ordered held without bail



A 59-year-old Raynham man accused of violently assaulting his girlfriend earlier this month was found dangerous by a Taunton District Court judge last week and ordered held without bail for up to 120 days while the case against him proceeds towards trial, Bristol County District Attorney Thomas M. Quinn III announced.

Foster Starks is charged with Kidnapping; Strangulation/Suffocation; Assault and Battery with a Dangerous Weapon; Assault and Battery on a Family or Household member, and Witness Intimidation

On December 10, Raynham Police were dispatched to a domestic disturbance. On arrival inside the residence, officers observed a large amount of blood smeared on a hallway wall. They spoke with the alleged victim, who appeared to have multiple injuries to her face, and her shirt was covered in blood. There was also a laceration on the right inside of her lip, and several scratches and red marks on her neck as well. She was shaking and appeared highly distraught.

The alleged victim explained to officers she was lying in bed with the defendant, about to watch a movie. The defendant then became upset and starting throwing things around the room. He then jumped on top of her and began striking her in the face. He then put his hands around her neck and choked her to the point that she could not breathe. She was able to free herself but the defendant caught up to her in the living room and began a second strangulation using his forearm. She was able to flee again, and seized a flashlight to defend herself, but he grabbed it from her and hit her with it. He then strangled her for the third time during which she believes she lost consciousness for a short period. He then prevented her from leaving the apartment by holding her down. She was eventually able to flee the apartment and call 911 for help.

The defendant was placed under arrest at the residence, as arraigned on December 11 and was the subject of a dangerousness hearing on December 16. On that date, Judge Edmund Mathers deemed the defendant dangerous and ordered him held. The hearing was prosecuted by Assistant District Attorney Jennifer Thompson.

All the information contained in this narrative are allegations at this time. All defendants are presumed innocent, until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

“This is clearly a very violent individual who does not belong out on the street. This is a very violent incident and the victim and the community need to be protected from the defendant,” District Attorney Quinn said.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Copyright © 2017 Fall River Reporter