Connect with us

Community

Local business loses barn in Saturday morning fire

Published

on

Photo courtesy of the Tiverton Fire Department

Local fire departments dealt with a major barn fire Saturday morning that crippled a local business.

Acushnet, Dartmouth, Freetown, Little Compton, Tiverton, and Westport responded to 777 Horseneck Road in Dartmouth for the fully involved barn fire after 6:00 a.m.

The location of the fire had no fire hydrants so multiple tanker trucks from area fire departments had to be called in to shuttle water to the blaze.

The barn belonged to the local business Cluck and Trowel. No injures to the owners were reported, but the barn is a total loss and their 2019 flock of laying flock were lost in the early morning fire according to the business.

Cluck & Trowel is a certified organic small family farm raising poultry, pork, and produce.

Cluck and Trowel issued a statement on social media: “We are humbled and grateful for the love of our neighbors and the commitment of Dartmouth and Westport fire departments. Cluck and Trowel will not be at Farm Fresh Rhode Island’s Pawtucket Market until we can get back on our feet.”

Photo courtesy of Cluck and Trowel.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Facebook

Copyright © 2017 Fall River Reporter