Inspector/Quality Control – New England Electropolishing Co. Inc. (Fall River)
Quality Inspector/Packer. Under moderate supervision, this position will inspect, clean and package finished goods. Inspect processed components and verify the quality and quantity of finished goods. This position has final responsibility for cleanliness, adherence to customer specification (visual and dimensional), packaging, and quantity verification of finished items.
Looking for motivated individual with a keen attention to detail and quality. Individual must be a self-starter, reliable, and willing to work as a member of a team. Candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Candidate must be able to frequently and safely lift 25 lb. vessels throughout each work day without assistance. This position requires full wrist, elbow, and shoulder mobility in dominant and non-dominant arms. The company can not make exceptions on these physical requirements.
This position is responsible for:
• Inspecting finished goods for conformance to requirements defined in work instructions, inspection plans, Quality Assurance procedures or other documents.
• Identifying non-conforming product based on visual and dimensional inspection criteria
• Swiftly communicating quality, quantity, packaging issues to supervisors and/or co-workers
• Maintaining and recording accurate counts of inspected parts, including non-conforming parts
• Documenting inspection results
• Cleaning finished items
• Packaging finished items in accordance with customer specifications
• Preparing boxes to ship
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to read and comprehend written inspection criteria (in English) required. Must be able to accurately document inspection results
• High energy level required.
• Ability to maintain and record accurate counts of inspected items
• Ability to communicate effectively to supervisors and co-workers in a fast-paced production environment
• Ability to lift 25 lbs. safely, without assistance or difficulty, frequently
• Ability to lift 50 lbs. safely, without assistance or difficulty, intermittently
• Ability to remain on feet continuously throughout the work day
• Ability to use micrometer, microscope, gages, and other QC Tools preferred
• Ability to drive forklift preferred
• Ability to stand throughout a full shift.
• Ability to turn wrists frequently, without difficulty.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision (must be able to see green), peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position requires a minimum of 20:20 vision with or without corrective lenses.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 to $15.00 /hour
• Quality Control: 1 year (Preferred)
• English (Required)
• United States (Required)
• Morning (Required)
• Health insurance
• Dental insurance
• Retirement plan
• Paid time off
• This Job Is:
A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply. Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma.
• Monday to Friday
• Day shift
• 8-hour shift
Interested in applying? See full details and how to apply here.