Fall River Police arrested a city teen on a list of drug and gun charges this week.
According to Captain Barden Castro, on Tuesday, detectives assigned to the Fall River Police Department Vice and Intelligence Unit – Gang Section, with the assistance of detectives from the Major Crimes Division, were in the 200 block of Rodman Street with a search warrant for the residence of 19-year-old Darius Hunt.
Upon arrival, FRPD detectives were able to detain Hunt and enter his apartment without incident.
A search was conducted inside the home with detectives finding illegal drugs, ammunition, a high capacity firearm magazine, and a handgun.
Suspected drugs seized as a result of the warrant were 59 gabapentin pills, 1.3 grams of fentanyl, .5 grams of crack cocaine, and suboxone. Also found in the home was a drum magazine for a 9mm pistol which was loaded, a loaded Iver Johnson revolver, as well as 9mm ammunition.
Hunt was arrested and charged with the following offenses:
1. Possession with intent to distribute a class A drug
2. Unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle
3. Possession with intent to distribute a class B drug
4. Possession with intent to distribute a class B drug
5. Possession of a class E drug
6. Possession of a firearm without an FID card
7. Possession of a large capacity feeding device
8. Possession of ammunition without a FID card
9. Possession of a firearm while committing a felony
10. Firearm violation with 1 prior violent/drug crime