Here are the Hot Jobs in the Greater Fall River area from the NewBedfordGuide.com jobs database, as of April 27, 2018. If the job has a number in its title, you can find more information by going to the Massachusetts Job Quest web site. Click the right arrow to browse the next job. Want your job listed here? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Patient Access Coordinator – Steward Health Care
Ensures the integrity of all data collected at time of registration to ensure accurate patient identification, help ensure patient safety collects and/or facilitates accurate and timely payment for services provided, and delivers superior customer service to internal and external customers.
• Greets, receives and escorts patients as required and consistent with customer service guidelines
• Collects and verifies patient demographic, insurance eligibility, and financial information/responsibility and accurately documents in hospital computer system(s)
• Responsible for consistent and accurate use and execution of department SOP’s (established operating procedures) and supporting tools, software, websites
• Identifies current and prior patient responsible balances, educates patients on their financial responsibilities, and collects same
• Screens self pay patients, identifies potential solution(s), and facilitates solution application process (manual and/or electronic) or patient payment as appropriate
• Interviews patients bedside as needed to facilitate timely and effective solutions (ED only)
• Assists patients in establishing secured installments plans when applicable
• Ensures all hospital and regulatory requirements are met (including, but not limited to, signatures, distributing patient rights, health care proxies, HIPAA requirements etc.)
• Ensures completion of registration paperwork to facilitate efficient patient flow
• Meets performance standards established by Patient Access leadership, including but not limited to: quality, collections, customer service, screening/solution rates, productivity)
• Delivers exemplary customer service for patients in accordance with hospital expectations / guidelines
• Works effectively with patient access peers and other hospital departments
• Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Aptitude for / familiarity with patient access tools, systems, and technologies
• Excellent customer service/communications skills.
• Comfortable with collection process
• Comfortable with securing solutions for uninsured patients
• Knowledge of Medical Terminology preferred.
• Proven ability and/or expressed willingness to work as part of a team
• Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Experience: 1-2 years experience in a hospital/clinic/physician office or related field preferred
• Software/Hardware: General comfort with computer systems / software applications
Interested in applying? See full details and how to apply here.