Connect with us


Two Massachusetts teens found unresponsive due to carbon monoxide



Authorities say two Massachusetts teens were only minutes from death after being found unresponsive Saturday.

The Great Barrington Police and Southern Berkshire Ambulance were dispatched for two unresponsive teenagers at a residence. Sergeant Carlotto quickly determined there could be high levels of CO and had the fire department dispatched. When responders arrived, they found CO levels between 500 and 800 ppm throughout the house which are quickly lethal according to the department.

The source was determined to be a gas furnace and a plugged chimney. Of more concern, there were no working CO detection in the residence.

Due to Sergeant Carlotto’s quick thinking, other emergency responders, and Fairview Hospital, everyone is expected to make a full recovery.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Copyright © 2017 Fall River Reporter