Connect with us

Community

One pet dead, another in serious condition, after Fairhaven fire, cause released

Published

on

Photo from Fire Department Photographer Ed Pepin

A family pet is dead after an early morning house fire on the South Coast.

According to Public Information Officer Maggie Rocha just before 4:00 a.m., the Fairhaven Fire Department responded to a reported garage fire at 40 Christian Street.

Engine 2, Engine 4, Ladder 1, and the Chief & Deputy Chief responded.

Upon arrival, firefighters encountered heavy fire from a single-story, 15 X 20 concrete block garage detached from the residence.

Firefighters conducted fire suppression operations and exposure protection of three surrounding residences. Firefighters remained on the scene for approximately three hours.

The office of Animal Control and the electrical inspector were requested to respond.

There are no injuries reported. However, one pet rabbit was deceased, and one survived but is in serious condition.

The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Fall River Reporter