Durfee issued an update late this morning on the 2020 graduation ceremony set to take place.
The Class of 2020 Graduation Ceremony will be held at 6PM at the Mac Aldrich Football Stadium on Tuesday, July 21, 2020.
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts’ DESE guidelines concerning COVID-19 and social distancing will be followed by the school, according to a statement.
Here are the rules and instruction put in place by the school.
1. Face masks must be worn by all in attendance at all times.
2. Students must arrive with their guests (limited to 2 members of their immediate family). The school will send an email to students, asking them to register the names of their guests prior to graduation day. Anyone showing symptoms of COVID is asked to refrain from attending. It is also suggested that young children and individuals with compromised immune systems stay at home.
3. Gates to the West Main parking lot will open at 4PM. The West Main lot is accessible via Ray Street. Students and their guests should plan to arrive no later than 5:15PM. Due to construction, limited parking can only accommodate one car per graduate. Families in need of handicapped parking can enter via the Weetamoe Street entrance to access reserved parking.
4. Upon exiting your vehicle, you are asked to maintain social distancing on the walk to the stadium. There will be a checkpoint near the West Main entrance to check in graduates and their registered guests. Families accessing handicapped parking will check in nearby the stadium entrance.
5. Students will assemble on the practice turf field and will be placed in their marching order. Guests will be escorted to the seating areas, where they are asked to remain seated for the ceremony and maintain social distancing at all times.
6. To maintain social distancing, an organized dismissal at the end of the ceremony will take place.