Cask and Pig Kitchen and Alehouse will be re-opening at 4:00 p.m. Tuesday after this weekend’s fire.
The restaurant, on Route 6 in Dartmouth, quickly got the damage repaired thanks to help from the community and to the delight of customers and staff.
Owner Mario Ribeiro posted on the Cask and Pig’s Facebook page the cause ,and result, from the fire:
“Thank you to the community for all your support! After a very scary and dangerous fire on Saturday afternoon we will be back in business today at 4:00 PM. The fire wasn’t as bad as it could’ve been, it was contained to the exhaust fan located on the roof of our building and no one was hurt! The fire was caused by embers from our wood grill that made their way up to the exhaust fan on the roof where it began spinning with some grease inside the fan causing it to ignite. There has been speculation and rumors that it was an interior grease fire which is completely false. Our kitchen is one of the cleanest you’ll ever see, and it’s open so everyone can see for themselves. “