Here are the Hot Jobs in the Greater Fall River area from the NewBedfordGuide.com jobs database, as of December 10, 2018. If the job has a number in its title, you can find more information by going to the Massachusetts Job Quest web site. Click the right arrow to browse the next job. Want your job listed here? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Store Clerk – Save-A-Lot
The Retail Sales Clerk (PT) reports directly to the store manager and indirectly to the assistant store managers and shift leaders. This position is responsible for duties such as, but not limited to, cashiering, stocking, cleaning and monitoring perishables. The Retail Sales Clerk provides excellent customer service and assists in maintaining excellent daily store conditions. This position accomplishes all job duties in accordance with Save-A-Lot policies, procedures and Best Methods.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Operate a cash register efficiently and perform checkout procedures at or above expected performance standards including, but not limited to, minimum transaction time per item rate and accurate handling/counting of cash, EBT, debit cards, credit cards, WIC Vouchers, Gift Cards, coupons and checks. Follow all check-out and cash handling procedures and policies.
• Consistently meet or exceed the company standards involving the handling, stocking, and the maintaining of grocery, frozen, dairy, smoked meat, and all perishable products.
• Assist with unloading delivery trucks. Stock product on platforms, shelving, peg hooks and in baskets or refrigerated cases as needed. Handle power and non-powered equipment and hand tools to move stock as needed after properly trained.
• Retrieve carts from the parking lot.
• Maintain excellent store conditions.
• Maintain a safe and clean working environment. Complete cleaning duties as assigned, including floors, windows, display cases, shelves, register area, backroom, restrooms, parking lot, and other fixtures. Responsible to 5S areas assigned per company guidelines.
• Provide excellent customer service, which includes but not limited to, communicating in a friendly/courteous manner.
• Assist store management in training other store employees.
• Maintain proper rotation for dated and undated products.
• Ensure products have price tags/signs and are displayed per company guidelines.
• Protect company property, funds and merchandise at all times.
• Properly display, trim, package, and fill authorized fresh produce.
• Assist Fresh Meat personnel as needed. Duties may include but are not limited to wrapping packages, using scales to weigh & tag products and stocking meat packages as needed.
• May participate in panel interviewing process, but does not have authority to make hiring decisions.
• Performs other duties, including working in other areas of the store, as assigned.
This is a non-management position. This position does not have the authority to make decisions concerning hiring, firing, demotions, promotions, or otherwise take tangible employment actions.
• Must be 18 years of age
• Proven, efficient retail sales experience; experience in dry grocery, perishable, meat, general grocery, cash management and excellent customer service preferred.
• High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Excellent teamwork and problem solving skills.
• Must be able to read, write and speak in English. Demonstrate effective oral and written communication, interpersonal skills. • Language proficiency in Spanish or other languages are a plus in certain locations.
• Proficiency in basic math skills required, including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, and basic computer skills.
• Must be dependable and flexible to work scheduled shifts, including a willingness to work in other areas of the store as needed with little or no advance notice.
• Must adhere to safety standards.
• Must possess the following leadership competencies:
• Requires the ability to reach, bend, balance, lift and transport various objects weighing 20-50 pounds repeatedly throughout the shift; at times, product weight could be 50-80 pounds.
• Must have the ability to stand, walk and / or move about for extended periods of time.
• Requires the ability to push, pull, grasp, twist and use sawing motions for extended periods of time.
• Regularly works in freezers, coolers, refrigerators, inside and outside of the store in all weather conditions and inside delivery trucks.
• The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by the employees assigned to this job. • All employees must comply with Company policy and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified may vary within each department and/or location.
Interested in applying? See full details and how to apply here.