A “Lifestyle Center” is set to be created at the old Swansea Mall property after a vote today by residents at a special town meeting.
A bylaw was being proposed to the town voters that would place an overlay district over the commercial zoning of the property to allow Anagnost Companies the ability to build two 72 unit complexes.
The bylaw passed by 2/3 majority.
Richard Anagnost has previously stated that all components of the project would be needed for it to work like the group has done at other successful locations.
Anagnost previously outlined the plan for the famous property.
According to Anagnost, the Lifestyle Center would create a synergy of components that would feed off of each other.
Component 1: Storage
• A 100,000 square foot facility at the Old Apex location with 800 climate-controlled storage units.
Component 2: Retail
• 110,000 square feet of retail
• Some former tenants along with some new ones would fill the space.
• There would be Medical, 3 restaurants, 7 retail spots, a fitness center, banking, education, and entertainment. It would turn what used to be an inside mall into an outside mall with entry from all outside locations.
Component 3: Housing
• (2) 72 unit housing complexes
• (16) 1 bedroom, (96) 2 bedroom, and (32) 3 bedroom.
• All market-rate housing.