Colonel Ann C. Assumpico, Superintendent of the Rhode Island State Police and Director of the Department of Public Safety, announces that members of the Rhode Island State Police High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area (HIDTA) Task Force today arrested a Providence resident for allegedly possessing more than 400 marijuana plants, approximately eight (8) pounds of dried marijuana and a loaded .22 semi-automatic handgun.
The suspect, identified as Anthony Patti, age 31 of 14 Steere Ave., Providence, was charged with:
· Delivery/Possession with Intent to Deliver and Manufacture (Marijuana)
· Possession of a Controlled Substance Schedule I, II, III (Adderall)
· Possession of a Firearm While Committing a Controlled Substance Violation
· Distributing a Controlled Substance Near a School
· Manufacture/Possession/Delivery of More than 5 Kilos of Marijuana
· Possession of a Firearm After Being Convicted of a Crime of Violence/Fugitive
The arrest followed an investigation by members of the HIDTA Task Force, who earlier today executed a search warrant at Patti’s home at 14 Steere Ave., Providence. Task Force members seized:
· 444 Marijuana plants
· Approximately eight (8) pounds dried marijuana
· Four (4) Adderall pills
· A .22 Semi-Automatic High Standard pistol with ammunition
Patti was arraigned at Sixth Division District Court where he was ordered held without bail, pending further court action.