Connect with us


Firefighters reveal origin of Fall River residential fire that caused up to $60,000 in damage



Firefighters quickly extinguished flames at a home in Fall River on Friday evening, however, it still caused a bit of damage.

Firefighters were dispatched just after 6:45 p.m. for a fire to the rear of a single-family home at 1576 North Main Street.

According to the Fall River Fire Department, Engine’s 12, 6, 2, 9, Platform 1, Ladder 4, Fall River Fire Dept. Rescue 1 and command vehicles Car 2 and Car 3 responded to the scene in addition to Rescue 4 and Squad 11, as well as the Police Department for traffic control and other auxiliary functions.

Crews arrived to find an exterior fire that extended up to the roof line and caused about $45,000 to $60,000 in damage with no displaced family members or injuries to report.

The fire was under control in 5 minutes and declared out in 10 minutes. Engine 12 was first on scene and used an attack line to quickly extinguish the fire. The homeowner was able to help keep the fire at bay as crews arrived.

It was ruled that the blaze was started in a cigarette waste pail. There were over 75 cigarette butts in the pail. The fire was determined to be unintentional.

FD wanted to remind the public to be cautious when discarding cigarette butts.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Copyright © 2017 Fall River Reporter

Translate »