Several Fall River area communities have begun issuing a parking ban for the upcoming storm.
Fall River: Thursday, February 18th at 9am until Friday, February 19th at 8am
Somerset: Thursday, February 18th at 10am until Saturday, February 20th at 2am
Swansea: Thursday, February 18th at 10am until Friday, February 19th at 10pm
Seekonk: Thursday, February 18th at 2pm until Friday, February 19th at 10pm
Dartmouth: Thursday, February 18th at 6pm until Saturday, February 20th at 12am
New Bedford: Thursday, February 18th at 4pm until 9pm
For Fall River, parking is only allowed on the north side of city streets that run east and west and on the west side of streets that run north and south. Parking is allowed, unless posted, on both sides of any street that is divided by a traffic median. Parking against a median is prohibited. Parking is not allowed within 20 feet of a corner to allow access for snow removing vehicles. Parking is available at the following locations until the ban is no longer in effect:
• City Parking Lot on Cash Street
• City Parking Lot on Columbia Street
• Talbot Middle School on Melrose Street
• Morton Middle School Parking Lot on Hood Street
Residents are reminded of the following:
• Saving parking spots by placing furniture or household objects in the street is prohibited by law. Placing objects in the street to reserve a parking spot is punishable by fine.
• It is the responsibility of each homeowner to clear sidewalks of snow. Failure to do so is punishable by fine.
• Do not throw snow into the street.
• If there is a fire hydrant located near your property, please ensure that it is cleared so that emergency services can access the hydrant if needed.
• If you are willing to volunteer to clear sidewalks for sick, disabled or elderly residents, please contact the Mayor’s office at 508-324-2600 or 508-324-2601.
Call the following numbers with questions or concerns:
• MAYOR’S OFFICE: 508-324-2600 or 508-324-2601
• TRAFFIC DEPT: 508-324-2577 or 508-207-2584
• DPW: 508-324-2760
For members of our homeless population in need of shelter, reach out to the First Step Inn at 134 Durfee St or call 508-679-8001.