Here are the Hot Jobs in the Greater Fall River area from the NewBedfordGuide.com jobs database, as of October 26, 2019. If the job has a number in its title, you can find more information by going to the Massachusetts Job Quest web site. Click the right arrow to browse the next job. Want your job listed here? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reception/Patient Services Representative – Center for Sight (Fall River)
Fast-paced eye care practice seeking energetic, friendly, and professional individual to fulfill the following role :
Greet patients promptly and professionally. Responsible for registering patients, collecting co-pays, and monitoring referrals. Review the patient records to verify necessary information and signatures have been obtained. Ensure the patient feels welcomed to the practice.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Greet patients promptly and professionally.
• Register patients by gathering, verifying and entering in demographic and insurance information.
• Obtain signed registration sheets, permissions to file claims, releases, etc.
• Scan insurance cards and take photo of patient for security and HIPAA purposes.
• Collect co-payments and personal payments.
• Check insurance eligibility
• Review schedule for referrals needed, obtains those that the office takes responsibility for and works with patients to obtain others.
• Follow up with patients that did not keep appointment.
• Print patient check-in lists for the next day in the afternoon.
• Handle inquiries about insurances accepted, office hours, services, locations, exam fees, doctor information, etc.
• Handle telephone receptionist responsibilities as needed.
• Assist other patient service staff as needed.
• Properly triage patients and visitors.
• Respond easily to routine requests for information.
• Maintain patient confidentiality at all times
• Cooperate and communicate with all staff members and physicians about patient matters.
• Open up the front office in the morning according to the scheduled times for patients.
• Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Minimum Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or GED.Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Medical Office Assistant Certification preferred, not required
• Three years of work experience, some of which is preferably in a medical office setting.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Necessary to Perform Primary Functions:
• Position requires accuracy, thoroughness, and an understanding of insurance, copy and referral procedures.
• Work is fast-paced and multi-tasked.
• Requires ability to work as a team member.
• Electronic Records experience preferred
• Excellent customer service and communications skills.
• Well-organized with attention to details.
• Open up and unlock the front office in the morning.
• Inspect reception room to make sure that it is neat and clean.
• Print patient list for the next day and verify all charts are pulled.
• Must be able to stand, reach, bend and squat repeatedly during the day.
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
• Must be able to communicate via the telephone.
• Must be able to view and type computer data.
• Must have manual dexterity to file.
• Medical Office /Reception: 1 year (Required)
Interested in applying? See full details and how to apply here.