Here are the Hot Jobs in the Greater Fall River area from the NewBedfordGuide.com jobs database, as of June 08, 2019. If the job has a number in its title, you can find more information by going to the Massachusetts Job Quest web site. Click the right arrow to browse the next job. Want your job listed here? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Camp Cove Crew Member – Battleship Cove
$14 – $15 an hour – Temporary
Camp Cove is a three-week interactive day camp for children 7 to 11. The camp will open July 8th and run through July 26. Activities, nautical and World war II themed will run from July 8th to July 26th. The start date for the camp counselors is July 1st. In the week between the Camp Crew members will become familiar with the activity schedule, policies, and emergency procedures for Camp Cove.
• Camp Counselors will lead groups of no more than ten (10) campers in a wide variety of hands-on activities.
Essential Job Functions:
• Work to ensure camper safety at all times
• Be knowledgeable of and adheres to all camp policies, rules and guidelines
• Work closely, cooperatively and amicably with all staff members
• Run hands-on activities with campers
• Reports all health issues immediately to the Camp Director
• Monitors and ensures appropriate camper behavior and adherence to camp rules and regulations.
• Facilitates small group activities
• Handles emergency situations in conjunction other Battleship Cove staff.
• Seeks advice from the Camp Director when needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and have at least four weeks experience as a junior counselor, have participated in structured group camping, or have at least four weeks experience in a supervisory role with children. Applicants with experience teaching elementary or middle school students or who are seeking degrees in education are preferred. Applicants must possess good judgment, and excellent organization and communication skills. First Aid and CPR certification are a plus.
Physical Aspects of the Job:
The position requires a considerable amount of walking and climbing up and down steep steps on board the vessels at Battleship Cove.
• 2 – 4 weeks
Interested in applying? See full details and how to apply here.