Connect with us

Community

Woman rescued, pet dies, in fire that destroyed Dartmouth home

Published

on

Photo courtesy of R. Beaudoin/Providence Canteen

A woman was rescued in a Monday morning fire in Dartmouth.

A call came in from a bystander at approximately 8:30 a.m. for a structure fire at 673 Tucker Road in Dartmouth.

The home was fully involved when firefighters arrived at the scene.

Firefighters found an elderly woman inside the home in her bedroom at the time of the blaze and she was transported to St. Luke’s Hospital in New Bedford where her condition is not yet known.

A pet was found deceased in the residence, according to authorities.

A preliminary investigation showed that the fire started in an area of the living room which had Christmas decorations.

The home is a total loss.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Facebook

Copyright © 2017 Fall River Reporter

Translate »