The National Shrine of La Salette Festival of Lights is set to begin on Thursday, November 28, 2019 and will run until Sunday, January 5, 2020
The Annual Festival of Lights is a beautiful religious light display with more than 300,000 lights covering over 10 acres of land. The lights are generally lit from 5 p.m. until 9 p.m.
Seeing the display is free of charge, but donations are appreciated.
Along with the light display, there will be:
International Creche museum with hundreds of creches from around the world, 5-9 p.m. weekdays and 2-9 p.m. weekends.
The Outdoor Creche of Bethlehem featuring a candle lit with a flame from Bethlehem, Israel.
Concerts with Father Pat and various artists.
Food and drink will also be available for purchase.
The National Shrine of Our Lady of La Salette is located at 947 Park St. Attleboro, MA
FROM 95 (N & S): Take Exit 3 (Rte 123 E) through 5 lights to the center of Attleboro (follow sign saying 123 East—118 South—Norton—Brockton).
This is Park St. Follow Park St. under the bridge staying in the right lane. At lights, follow 118 South (toward Rehoboth) for 1.5 miles driving by Bliss Bros. Restaurant and Hope Gardens on your right; watch for shrine entrance on right.
FROM 295: At the northern end of the road, take 95 South to Exit 3 (Rte. 123 E) and follow the above directions for 95.
FROM 495: Take Exit 10 (Rte. 123 W); turn towards Norton/Attleboro; follow Rte. 123 W approx. 5 miles to a set of lights with a Honey Dew Donuts on the left; turn left at the lights onto Forest St.; follow Forest St. until it ends at Park St. (Rte. 118 S); turn left onto Park Street (one way); drive 1.5 miles passing Bliss Bros. Restaurant and Hope Gardens; watch for shrine entrance on right.
Afraid of hitting a ton of traffic?
Try this alternate route, also known as the Bus Route
1. Exit 3A off of Rt 95 to Rt 123 East
2. Follow RT 123 EAST through 2 sets of lights.
3. At 3RD SET OF LIGHTS GO STRAIGHT across the intersection to THATCHER ST.
4. (Rt 123 goes to the left. Do not follow Rt 123 at that point or you will hit the traffic! Stay straight and cross over intersection to Thatcher St.)
5. FOLLOW THATCHER ST to its end (stay to the right when going over the R/R bridge)
6. TAKE RIGHT onto SOUTH MAIN ST. (Rt. 152)
7. Go approximately .01 miles
8. AT LIGHT TAKE LEFT onto LOUCUST ST
9. FOLLOW LOCUST ST to its end.
10. TAKE LEFT onto OAK HILL AVE.
11. Stay on Oak Hill Ave 1.3 miles
12. At the INTERSECTION OF BRIGGS CORNER, TAKE LEFT onto RT. 118 (Park St.)
According to the Shrine, traffic can get very heavy on weekends, especially Saturday night. If you can plan your trip for a weekday, you will find easy entrance. If you do wish to come on the weekend, it is advised you get there before 4:30 PM to miss the traffic.
Any questions? Contact National Shrine of Our Lady La Salette at 508-222-5410La Salette Map