Here are the Hot Jobs in the Greater Fall River area from the NewBedfordGuide.com jobs database, as of June 15, 2019. If the job has a number in its title, you can find more information by going to the Massachusetts Job Quest web site. Click the right arrow to browse the next job. Want your job listed here? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Material Handler, Fulfillment Center – Matouk
The Material Handler, Fulfillment Center Associate is responsible for a variety of material handling tasks within the Fulfillment Center. Verifying materials received as ordered and routes incoming items to appropriate departments/locations. Leads the work of shipping and receiving personnel performing related work.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Prepare large orders for shipment and load trucks
• Unload trucks delivering raw materials and products
• Move raw materials and products to their designated locations
• Maintain storage locations to ensure inventory accuracy
• Monitor condition of picking locations and replenish with additional products
• Receive and process incoming parcel, LTL, FTL and vendor material into our warehouse system.
• Assist in picking sales orders to ensure accuracy and completeness.
• Assist with dock organization, processing of outgoing shipments, loading and unloading of delivery and pick-up transportation carriers.
• Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area.
• Order shipping supplies
• Participate in end-of-year inventory
• Perform inventory cycle counts
• Cross train for various responsibilities/positions within the FC
• Other duties as assigned
• 2-years experience working in a FC is necessary
• Must have experience operating powered industrial trucks
• Minimum of a high school diploma or GED required
• Attention to detail is required
• Must be able to read and understand the information provided on packing/pick slips
• General computer experience
• Ability to work in a team setting
• Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the main duties and responsibilities of this job. Other duties with different demands may also be assigned by the employee’s supervisor. John Matouk & Co., Inc. complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and analogous state statutes. Therefore, to the extent required by law, John Matouk & Co., Inc. will make reasonable accommodations to allow qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, duties and responsibilities of their positions. Employees and applicants should discuss requests for reasonable accommodations with Human Resources at any time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, office equipment, or controls and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, and climb. The employee is occasionally required to stand; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color recognition, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Interested in applying? See full details and how to apply here.