Science Department Head -Fall River Public Schools
– Appropriate Massachusetts educator license for subject area.
– Appropriate Massachusetts educator license for Supervisor/Director.
– Minimum of three years of successful teaching experience at the appropriate level.
– Master’s Degree in the appropriate subject area.
-To support and assist classroom teachers with content and content-specific pedagogy that effectively supports students in meeting the standards identified in the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks. To provide leadership, coordination, and innovation to assigned curricular areas.
– In conjunction with the curriculum directors, coordinates the development and implementation of district curriculum objectives.
– Teaches one class in area of certification.
– Evaluates all staff as determined by Principal.
– Observes classrooms on an ongoing basis.
– Assists teachers in resolving instructional problems and serves as a resource on curriculum questions.
– Checks lesson plans regularly to insure that curriculum requirements are being met and that necessary materials are available
– Meets with teachers during preparation times.
– Makes recommendations on curriculum development, implementation, assessment, and program innovation.
– Oversees the department’s supply, textbook, and equipment needs.
– Assists in the recruitment, screening, hiring, training, and assigning of staff.
– Provides in-service training, and assigning of staff, based on needs identified in both district and school improvement plans.
SALARY AND TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
In accordance with the Fall River Administrators’ Association contract. Continued employment is contingent on job performance, program needs, and funding.
Interested in applying? See full details and how to apply here.