Plymouth Police will be charging a teen in a recent vandalism spree in the town.
During the morning of February 17, the Plymouth Police Department received several reports of vandalism throughout the downtown and waterfront area. The investigation revealed that the following property was vandalized with red spray paint:
• Plymouth Rock on Water Street
• Pilgrim Maiden in Brewster Garden
• Four Fathers Monument on Allerton Street
• Memorial Bench in Brewster Garden . Concrete platform at Pilgrim Memorial State Park
• Decorative Rock and cement at the Town Boat Ramp
• Town Map at corner of Main and North Street
• Four decorative scallop Shells throughout the Downtown & Waterfront Area
Leads taken by detectives, along with scouring video evidence, have resulted in the identification of one individual responsible for all eleven locations. The Plymouth Police Department will be seeking the following charges against a 17-year old male resident of Plymouth.
1 Count-Trespassing (Plymouth Rock Portico) – Misdemeanor
11 Counts – Vandalism to Property-Felony
The vandalism of these Historic Landmarks along with the other property was cleaned up within 24 hours due to the efforts of Plymouth DPW personnel as well as volunteers from the community.