Connect with us


Norfolk District Attorney’s Office investigating after suspect in a double stabbing dies after being tased



The Norfolk District Attorney’s Office is investigating after a suspect in a double stabbing died while in police custody.

Dedham Police received a 911 call from a residence on Jackson Pond Road shortly after 6 p.m. Wednesday reporting an ongoing double stabbing incident.

Multiple Dedham Police units responded to the area. Additional 911 calls from other parties arrived reporting a man in obvious distress walking on Country Club Road, a short distance from its intersection with Jackson Pond Road.

Initial information provided to the District Attorney’s Office is that multiple officers attempted to interact with the man, who quickly became combative. Officers deployed two forms of less-lethal force (pepper spray and Taser) in order to subdue the man and place him in custody. When taken into custody, Officers recognized signs of physical distress and began providing life support measures until ambulances arrived.

The man, 36-year-old Samuel Pattillo of Jackson Pond Road, was transported to the Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Needham but did not survive.

Both victims of the stabbing were transported to Boston hospitals with life-threatening injuries and remain hospitalized. The victims are non-spousal adult relatives of Samuel.

Norfolk District Attorney Michael W. Morrissey said that the evidence available Wednesday night indicated that no firearms were discharged in the incident.

“The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner has accepted the case, and an autopsy may be conducted as early as Thursday to establish exact cause of death,” said Norfolk District Attorney Morrissey, who provided a brief press availability alongside Dedham Police Chief Michael d’Entremont and multiple Massachusetts State Police officials at the scene last night. “State Police detectives from the District Attorney’s Office will be working through the night with troopers from the Crime Scene Services Section to process the scene for physical evidence.”

The investigation remains ongoing.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Copyright © 2017 Fall River Reporter

Translate »