Connect with us


Fall River firefighters extinguish weekend blaze



Photo courtesy of Fall River Fire Museum

Fall River firefighters responded to an early morning fire Sunday.

According to a Fall River Fire Department spokesperson, a call came in at 1:45 a.m. for a fire located at 1367 County Street.

Upon arrival, firefighters discovered flames outside of the home. It was determined that an occupant of the home was smoking outside prior to the fire.

Firefighters on scene put out the blaze and left the property at 3:53 a.m.

The cause of the fire was determined to be an accident due to careless disposal of cigarettes.

In total, the external fire resulted in $25,000 worth of damage.

No injures were reported.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Copyright © 2017 Fall River Reporter