Connect with us


Durfee student allegedly overdoses on marijuana

Durfee student allegedly overdoses on marijuana



A Durfee High School student overdosed on marijuana this morning after eating a marijuana laced brownie according to scanner reports.

When medics arrived at the scene, the student was alert.

It is currently unclear where the brownie came from.



  1. Edward

    November 15, 2017 at 1:26 pm

    It is scientifically impossible to overdose on marijuana

  2. My

    November 15, 2017 at 4:05 pm

    Really! the only thing you can do is smoke your self straight

  3. Donna

    November 15, 2017 at 9:06 pm

    I’m curious what the definition of “overdose” is in this case. ?

  4. Zatch

    November 16, 2017 at 2:59 pm

    This is misinformation and you should be ashamed for making such an ignorant and blatantly false article.

    At present it is estimated that marijuana’s LD-50 is around 1:20,000 or 1:40,000. In layman terms this means that in order to induce death a marijuana smoker would have to consume 20,000 to 40,000 times as much marijuana as is contained in one marijuana cigarette. NIDA-supplied marijuana cigarettes weigh approximately .9 grams. A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly 1,500 pounds of marijuana within about fifteen minutes to induce a lethal response.

    • fallriverreporter

      November 16, 2017 at 4:55 pm

      You may want to read up on what an overdose is. An overdose is generally not fatal. It is also what responders on the scene called it and how it was called in to dispatch

      • Brandon

        November 16, 2017 at 6:19 pm

        Technically, it can be considered an overdose but considering most people don’t use that term unless it’s fatal, it’s misleading…

    • Willie Stretchit

      November 22, 2022 at 8:59 am

      Or a typical weekend night

  5. Derrick

    November 16, 2017 at 4:56 pm


  6. Browser

    November 18, 2017 at 3:35 pm

    Oh boy look at them try to cause mass hysteria, they try to make pot seem like heroin or crack, but its no worst if not safer the alcohol.smh.

Leave a Reply

Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Copyright © 2017 Fall River Reporter

Translate »