Connect with us


Westport Fire Department and a bystander save animals after barn fire



Photo courtesy of Westport Fire Department

Westport firefighters responded to a reported structure fire early Sunday morning.

According to the Westport Fire Department, the fire was discovered off of Sodom Road when a family member passing by the area saw smoke coming from a large wooden barn on the property and called 911. The individual used a garden hose to put out the bulk of the flames until firefighters arrived to overhaul the area and check for extension.

WFD stated that the quick actions by the family member likely saved the barn and the animals inside.

A few animals suffered burn injuries, but they are expected to recover.

Firefighters believe a heat lamp contributed to the cause of the fire.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Copyright © 2017 Fall River Reporter

Translate »