The following was released as a construction update for South Coast Rail this week:
MBTA’s contractor was issued Notice To Proceed in June 2020.
Location of work:
– Weaver’s Cove Layover Facility location in Fall River.
– Freetown Station site at 161 South Main Street, Freetown
– Fall River Secondary Line between Adams Lane in Berkley and Beechwood Road in Assonet
Dates/hours of work:
– Current week: Monday, Sept. 14 through Friday, Sept. 18, 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM.
– Next week: Monday, Sept. 21 through Friday, Sept. 25, 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM.
– This week and next the contractor continues with tree clearing and erosion control work occurring at the Weaver’s Cove Layover Facility site in Fall River and at the Freetown Station site at 161 South Main Street, Assonet (Freetown).
The contractor is also continuing survey and probing work along the railroad right-of-way that will require operating heavy machinery along the Fall River Secondary Line, which includes the communities of Fall River, Freetown and Berkley.
Starting Monday, September 21, the contractor will begin tree clearing and erosion control work along the Fall River Secondary Line between Adams Lane in Berkley and Beechwood Road in Assonet, with work zone access from those points.
Ongoing MBTA work may be disruptive to local residents, but no significant impacts to local traffic, businesses or properties are anticipated. Crews will be using various pieces of heavy equipment and trucks along the railroad right-of-way. While the project will seek to minimize construction-related impacts to communities, low to moderate noise levels and vibrations will be generated.
If you would like to report a noise issue on the Fall River Secondary Main Line project, please call the hotline at (774) 762-7000. The noise hotline is for the reporting of construction-related noise issues. It will be answered Monday-Friday, between the hours of 7:00 AM and 3:30 PM (except holidays). All voicemails left outside of these hours will be received the following 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM weekday shift. We will respond to all noise complaints.