Connect with us

Community

Fall River 6 family residential building evacuated after chimney collapses and hits gas line

Published

on

A 3 story apartment building left residents without a home after a gas line was hit Saturday morning.

A Fall River police officer was flagged down and then called into dispatch at approximately 8:50 p.m. for a strong odor of natural gas at 103 Tuttle Street which also has an address of 91 Tuttle Street. He requested that the fire department come to the scene as soon as possible due to the smell.

Police then began evacuating the tenants of the 6 family home.

Police on transmissions also stated that the third floor ceiling collapsed.

A resident of the building told Fall River Reporter that a wall collapsed from the chimney collapsing.

Liberty Utilities and city building inspection representatives were also on scene.

Residents could be seen putting bags filled with belongings into vehicles.

According to Captain Barden Castro of FRPD, 8 residents have been displaced and will be assisted in housing placement by the owner of the property.

No injuries were reported.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Facebook

Copyright © 2017 Fall River Reporter

Translate »