Patient Service Aide – Steward Health Care
Performs a wide variety of functions to ensure high quality food and nutrition services to patients, visitors and staff on a consistent basis while maintaining the highest sanitary conditions
• Asks patient if they need anything additional
• Acts on patient request promptly
• Assembles all necessary products and utensils for service areas on a timely basis
• Completes the set-up of trays and accompaniments by specified time per departmental policy
• Checks trays against patient name above bed to ensure proper delivery of trays
• Prepares and delivers late trays under the guidance of the Nutrition Care Assistant/Diet Technician
• Assists in proper assembly of patient tray at meal times
• Takes initiative to stock units for high census
• Notifies Manager when more than one floor delivery maybe necessary
• Rotates stock using proper procedures
• Practices “first-in/first-out” method
• Keeps storage areas neat, clean and satisfactory at all times
• Disposes of boxes and containers in the proper manner
• Transports stock floor supplies to nursing units utilizing established par level sheet created by department
• Reports any potentially unsafe conditions
• Alerts other employees to possible unsafe practices
• Sweeps, mops and squeegees floor as assigned or needed using proper warning signs for safety at all times
• Cleans, sanitizes and scrubs equipment (inside and out) to assure a sanitary work environment at all times
• Maintains a clean-as you-go attitude
• Adheres to sanitation infection control guidelines to prevent food borne illnesses and possible spread of infections
• Utilizes and stores cleaning agents properly
• Performs duties assigned on cleaning schedule
• Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
• Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
• Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
• Education: High School diploma or GED preferred. Elementary level required
• Experience: Previous experience in a food service environment preferred
Please send a resume or come in to fill out an application.
Interested in applying? See full details and how to apply here.